Saturday, February 26, 2011

Speculoo?

Speculoos are a biscuit style cookie better known by the name Biscoff- the brand that is served on Delta Airlines flights all over the world.  It is also probably my favorite cookie.  That's saying something because I don't do favorites :) 

The recipe I shared a link to in my last post turned out pretty decent.  Something is just off, and I don't know quite what it is.  Perhaps some other time I will try other recipes and play around more.  The cookies are good, don't get me wrong.  I would probably eat the whole pan if my parents weren't also enjoying them. Just goes to show how good they are, even when they're off they still rock!  Plus they're probably the easiest cookies I've ever made, which is always a plus. 

As far as the instructions to roll out the dough, it doesn't work.  You have to chill the dough first because it is entirely the wrong consistency to roll out.  Because of my wonderful patience, I chose to spread it around on a cookie sheet with a rubber spatula.  It worked, but in the future it is worthwhile to chill the dough, roll it out and cut it before you bake it.  That is the only way you will really get the cookies to bake evenly.  Other than that maybe more brown sugar.  Give it a try!  They're great!

No comments:

Post a Comment