Friday, April 24, 2009

The Things of Home

Well, another late night. I'm working on a math project but there's really nothing I can do with it right now so my thoughts wander. . .(I'm really not slacking off, my computer is figuring out a complex problem and has been for about half an hour now and takes over half my system resources to solve it, maybe its time to give up?)

The weather has been amazing and as I stick my head out the window for some fresh air the feel of the night is reminiscent of warm evenings back at home, walking the dog or playing games out back with my family. I still stand by what I have said, the "homesick" phase is long gone (that was part of beast) but still thoughts often return to the "good ol' days". Am I too young to feel nostalgic? Probably, but what can ya do? To put it in perspective, here is something I jotted down during one of the sessions of general conference:

"The things of home are never quite gone, they will always return to us--be it a scent, a flavor, a sight, a sound; the things of home will always find a way to return to us, and then, if we are wise, we will find a way to return to them."

This doesn't mean that we will run home to mommy and daddy when things get hard, but that those who are wise will find a way to keep home with them wherever they go. Homesickness? No, more like nostalgic, but it is nice to know that there are only a few days between now and my escape to home.

Well, its 1:20 in the morning and Mathematica (the math program on our computers) still hasn't solved this equation. I'm going to bed. Hopefully there will be an answer waiting for me in the morning. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment