Saturday, October 24, 2009

Life in general

Ok, so my last blog entry made it sound like I hate life. This is not really the case, it was just a long day/night before and I needed to vent. Really, life is pretty good right now.

School is going much much better than last year. I just switched teachers in math and can't understand a single thing the new guy is talking about so that grade may take a dive here before too long but other than that I have decent grades without too much stressing over them.

My plebe is good- though fairly high maintenance. Rare are the days that I don't spend at least an hour in her room for this, that or the other. She seems to perpetually be in trouble but if I tell her to do something she does it. On the bright side, the more she gets in trouble the more opportunity I have to help her and impress the chain of command (CoC). Unfortunately, basketball practices have officially started (the coaches couldn't be there before) so trying to schedule our time together is more difficult because she has no time.

While the APFT was a smoker, I did still pass it and will not have to be up running at 0530 every morning. However, it did serve as a wake-up call that I will not be able to sit on my butt much longer. I may still be young, but my body isn't as young as it once was and if I am going to keep up with the demands of this life something has to be done so hopefully exercise will be a bigger part of my life from now on.

I have a new calling at church (*cough-SHEENA-cough*)- branch missionary. There's a lot of exciting things going on in that area for such a strange situation. The missionaries aren't allowed in the barracks, nobody is unless they live/work in them, so there is really no way for them to find investigators which puts the burden on us as members to help the investigators find the missionaries. Last weekend we had a baptism for a new plebe who found the church by going to "Mormon" chapel time during beast. The service was beautiful, and she brought a friend who then came to church the next day. We'll see if she shows up tomorrow. The other branch missionary is a return missionary so I am really looking forward to learning from him and using this to help prepare for my mission.

That pretty much covers all aspects of my life right now. As you can see, I don't really have any room to complain. I have a roof over my head, even if the water is kinda cold sometimes, and I don't have to pay a penny for it. Food is never an issue, the mess hall is free for me. I'm getting a great education and getting paid to do all of this! So yeah, I'd say life right now is pretty great, despite the long days once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment