Saturday, October 30, 2010

suit shopping

So, like I said in my previous blog, I have been needing a new suit.  Today I went to rectify that situation.  Before going to Provo to look in person I did some shopping online and picked out a good suit.  It was a three-piece suit from Men's Wearhouse, but figured that I should look everywhere else first- just to explore my options.  I'm glad I did!  Sear's was having a sale on ties so I picked up a couple nice ones.  Then Mr. Mac had 2 suits that were both amazing.  The one I finally went with is black with some subtle pin striping (here- but you have to click on black fine pin stripe).  Since I drove up from Delta, they were willing to have the alterations done based on when I could pick it up.  We (Mom, Dad and I) are going up on Tuesday to take Mom to the airport so that was the day we decided they should have the alterations done.  I called tonight to make a small change to the way they were hemming the pants and the alterations were already done!  Which is great, except that means they can't make the changes I was hoping for...

Shopping in Mr Mac was interesting though.  They have two sections- the Board Room where all the really nice, expensive suits are and the other part for us normal folk.  The sales associate that helped me happened to be from the board room because they were so busy everyone else was too busy.  This means I picked out the suits I was interested in and took them to the rich person side of the store to try them on.  People were amazed to see such a young man trying on suits worth so much money.  It was fun to see the reactions, even though that was really not the case.  I'm pretty excited to get the finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment