Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wow...

...ok so I may have let my blog fall behind as of late.  No, I did let my blog fall behind.  Its been busy!! (but mostly I've just been lazy)

Last time I posted I was headed for West Virginia.  That was a fun trip!  I spent about 2 weeks visiting my brother and his family.  My sister-in-law had to go up to girls' camp the second week to help run things so I watched the kids for her.  It only amounted to one day really but that was enough.  SOOO glad I don't have to be a mother.  Seriously, I don't know how you women do it!  Between crying children trying to climb in the shower with me and poopy diapers, I was ready for their dad to come home and save me.

At the end of my visit my sister-in-law and the kids flew back to Utah with me so that she could go to her family reunion and my other brother's wedding!!  Congrats bro!  The night before we flew out my brother gathered his family around him and gave each child and his wife a father's blessing.  It was a wonderful example to me of a man utilizing his priesthood- much like my father always has been.  He and his wife offered me the opportunity to bless their youngest child.  It was such a sweet and tender moment for me- one that I will never forget.  The priesthood power is truly amazing.

The wedding/reception was the Saturday after I got back so there was a lot of work getting the yard ready for the reception and the like.  The day went well and, in spite of the stress and tension, was a good day with family.

The next family event will be taking me to the Missionary Training Center in Provo.  Yes, I have a mission call.  I have had it for a long time now, just haven't written about it.  I will be serving for the next two years in the Chile, Santiago East Mission.  I enter the MTC on August 31.  My mission- geographically speaking- is the smallest proselyting mission in the world.  It is about 20 miles long and 7 miles wide; however, in that small area are about 3.5 million people!!  10 stakes, 55 wards and 2 branches of the church fit within the boundaries of my mission along with a Temple, the headquarters of the church in Chile, an MTC and possibly- my fingers are crossed- the Chilean Military Academy.  It will be a fun and exciting 2 years!!  I'll post contact info for me while I am gone in a later post, along with what my life has been and will be made up of until I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment