Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A much needed break

The week and a half before Thanksgiving is always the worst week of the semester here. Last week-over a 5 day period-I had 6 major tests, 2 quizzes and a major math project/presentation. This week I only had a 10 page paper, cake compared to last week.

So far I have only gotten 2 of my tests back and the results haven't been good. American Politics I usually do fine just BS-ing my way through- its politics, no sweat- so I put off studying that for Physics (on the same day). Maybe a little more time on AP would have been good. I ended up with around a B, still not bad. Physics on the other hand...

The physics dept. has a terrible reputation here. This comes from the fact that at least 1/3 of the students fail every time we have a test. Last week, I was a part of that statistic. Luckily, my grade in the class absorbed the blow quite well and TEEs should be enough for me to recover. Even if I don't, I'm still at a B- so I'll can live with it.

On the bright side, to compensate for all of this we get class drops (except physics) or days without that class. Because of people having to take the oral part of the Spanish test and people presenting their math projects, I don't have either of those classes all week. Today, because our AP paper was due at 1600, I didn't have that class so Physics was my only class (we had 2 quizzes-one announced and one pop-quiz-both of which I rocked).

And the best part? Thanksgiving break finally starts tomorrow afternoon! I can't wait to see my brother and his family again, and the youngest for the first time. Freedom is so close...

Sorry if this post was rambling and/or incomprehensible, I haven't slept much in the past week and a half. Hopefully the rest of the semester will just glide by like a dream.

1 comment:

  1. "Hopefully the rest of the semester will just glide by like a dream."
    Is that because you are so sleep deprived? You will just sleep walk through?

    ReplyDelete