Saturday, January 1, 2011

Its that time again

Time to quit dragging my feet and write a new post. 

Christmas was wonderful at the Bishop residence.  My brother came home from college and my sister, her husband and their three children came down from Washington.  Our little house was pretty full, but it was fun to have the little ones around!  Christmas Eve we acted out the Christmas story, sang songs, and my dad shared some powerful experiences from Christmases past.  The next morning, watching the kids open presents was a blast.  Seeing their eyes light up when they get that one special gift they've been begging for is absolutely priceless.  Dylan (the 5 year old) can speak a lot more Spanish than I expected, though trying to get him to say anything was quite difficult. He has been in an English/Spanish class for school and it seems to be working out alright. It was wonderful to have everyone around.


Next up is New Years.  Sheena and Roy packed the kids up and headed home the morning of New Years Eve.  That afternoon, Justin went back to Richfield for the celebrations over there.  The house seemed eerily quiet.  I headed over to the city party were a buddy of mine and I played chess for a few hours.  I have never been much of a chess player and got soundly beaten every time, but it was still fun.  After a while we went to play Family Feud (with a group of people, not really family).  The first time I was the announcer (my buddy's mom was running it).  After the first game though, there were no more teams.  So, we got a group together and waited for another team to come play.  We won and got $10 per person! Then I went home.  Boring, I know.  Even though the city had a fireworks display, we lit off some fireworks of our own, and then I went back over to help take down the equipment used for the night's festivities.  That didn't last long before I was ready to come home and call it a night.  One of the perks of not actually working for the people is that you can do stuff like that. 

I haven't had much of an appetite lately.  In fact, I haven't really wanted any food for a couple of days.  I eat anyways, no worries, but today something finally sounded good.  I got online, found a recipe and headed to the store to buy the necessary supplies.  I made penne pasta with a vodka cream sauce.  In some recipes, white grape juice works for a substitute for vodka- not so much in this one.  Way too sweet.  And by the time I was done cooking it I no longer wanted it, but ate it anyways (still eating it as I write this). It worked out ok. Next time I'll use something different, it'll be better.

1 comment: